Chocolate chip cookies
Chocolate chip cookies are what i often bake the most. It is the only thing (up to now) that i'm confident at baking.
So here is the recipe which i used and is still using because it never fails me. Never.
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar [i reduced this to 3/4 cups]
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar [i reduced this to 1/4]
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
(Credits to : SparkRecipes)
- Preheat oven to 325 Fahrenheit (
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Sift: Flour, Salt, Baking soda
- Mix sugars (both brown and white) with butter until thoroughly mixed
- To the butter mixture, add egg, yolk and vanilla > mix just until blended
- Add sifted ingredients and mix just until blended (DO NOT over mix)
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- (optional - put the batter in the fridge for 2 hours)
- Scoop out the cookie batter into balls [i used large ice-cream scoops]
Drop the cookie onto the cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes
- Leave them on the cookie sheets for about 3 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
Makes 44 cookies
Nutritional Facts (per serving):
Packed for my friends :)